Thursday, July 15, 2010

seperateness

a hole
a tunel
damp and dingy
musty and cold
you can smell the wet wood
it's almost salty
the browns shadow the grays
i slip on the dewey floor boards
and yet as you keep walking
there is a peace here
a comfort
of knowing that this space is mine.
I've never had my own space before
or one that I recognized
I've had shared spaces
where people came and went
but not my own space
or maybe it's that I've traveled here so infrequently
that I am not at ease here.
it has been vaccant for too long
not in a shaming way
in a real way
like an old warehouse
i shall remain here
find comfort in its walls
create beauty
i shall paint that wall bright blue
the colors of the sky and sea and lakes
and this wall shall remain concrete and this one brick
making my hole a home
pillows and plush carpet that bounces as you walk on it
a corner for creating,
the greatest art space ever
comfy overstuffed big chairs to nap in
chat in
delight in
light coming in from all around
a screened in porch off the end
candles on a table
and the view
tall walls that agree 
it must have HUGE walls
because of the treasure this place holds
and a system like at the library
organized files
pictures and places,
memoriabilia
to spruce this place up
to hold it dear
to rest here
to find comfort here
to meet you here
my space
my place
my heart
my home

No comments: