Friday, October 28, 2011

being oneself

attempts to walk, struggle through the leaves, the muck, getting through the fall. the changes. the changing of my mind. pushing past the desire to please. to make you love me. all of you.

longing for peace in the midst. how to be, me. just me. honoring my soul. honoring my quest. my journey. my heart. my soul.

you say there's a lot of my's in there. you say the struggle isn't about that. you say so many things you confuse me.
you the voice that shouts and whispers and hides behind pretty words. you the voice that condemns and confuses.

His heart. His desire. His word. His work. What is He doing?

can we be completley authentic to who we really are and who we are trying to become all at the same time and still be loved? is it possible to let people down and still stand in the truth of our own reality?

the words of one who is wise says, yes.

the walk is about falling AND getting up.
the run is about tripping AND healing.
the climb is about mountain tops AND valleys.
mistakes are expected and accepted.

however many times you get it wrong to get it right is ok. Is this shoving grace in your pocket? I think not. I think it's learning. discovering.

No comments: